1819 Simplicity – Bolero

The bolero is complete. Since it’s a costume, I decided to not line it. The body is black microsuede that Hancock’s had on clearance (50% off). The pattern directs you to use 2 different fabric for the flounce, but we (K) wanted lace there instead. Since we were using a lace that had a scallop edge, I wasn’t able to use the pattern.

BTW, the sizing of this pattern is on the small size. Even though we used the correct size for K’s measurements, it’s a bit tight for K and will probably go to her older sis instead.

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “1819 Simplicity – Bolero

    • It’s a 12. She said after wearing it today, it loosened up some, so maybe she’ll be okay with it. She doesn’t want to let her sister have it now that it’s finished.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s