Mary Poppins’ apron

image

I used Butterick B5509 to make her apron. The fabric is a poly  twill suiting from fabric.com. I did enlarge the pattern for fit.

Advertisements

For Sale! Hetalia Prop

This is a prop from Hetalia: Paint It, White.

It’s made of heavy cardboard, covered in black paper. One end opens for storage. It’s 48″ long and just under 4.5″ wide.

Prefer local buyer in the Dallas area as it’s not lightweight and is a strange shape for shipping.

$25

Hagoromo Gitsune – in progress

Mara’s latest cosplay is Hagoromo Gitsune from Nurarihyon No Mago. She’s a fox demon. In her present incarnation, she has pale skin, long black hair and wears a black uniform, like that of Japanese school girls.

No pattern was used in the pleated skirt. We did use the vinegar/water solution when ironing the pleats in.

The shirt is a basic t-shirt pattern that was v neck. The sleeves were lengthened (cuffs still need to be attached) and I created a sailor collar based on the collar used in fem!Italy.

Again, her socks came from Sock Dreams. Her wig came from ebay seller kidsfashion10. It’s a very good wig and was 60″ long before being styled. The seller shipped very quickly and we had the wig in one week (from China)!

I’ll post another pic when it’s complete.

Finishing cosplays for A-Kon 23

This Memorial Day weekend is being spent in finishing cosplays for myself, Mara & Kayle. So far, we’ve finished the re-do of Nel from Bleach for Mara. Mara wasn’t happy with how it turned out when she debuted it last year at IKKiCON in Austin. She hated the color, the fabric, how it got “ripped up”. So, she bought fleece. Yes, fleece. That will be worn under the hot Texas sun. But, it’s the color she wanted it originally and it took being “ripped up” better than the t-shirt fabric did. And best of all — I didn’t sew a stitch on the new Nel!


(The image on the left is the original Nel, the image on the right is the new & improved Nel.)

We’re currently working on Hagoromo Gitsune from Nurarihyon No Mago. It’s being made of a black fabric (I need to confirm what the actual fabric is – the bolt said “assorted blacks”). It’s a Japanese schoolgirl costume. The top has a sailor collar (luckily, I’ve made a sailor collar before & can wing it!). The skirt is pleated. No pattern required for the skirt. This will be the 3rd pleated skirt I’ve made.

More still to be finished before A-Kon 23 in just a few days!