First prosthetic – horn for Acorna

I would say this is a success. Kayle & I have been working on her horn for over a week now. Thanks to the Mistress of Disguise (Megan Martin) for her prosthetic panel during Costumers’ Lost Weekend and her tutorial, we were able to figure out how to do it.

A few things we did differently from what Megan recommended:
Type of clay – we used the Crayola oil based clay (Megan recommends Plastilina, but we were running short on time)
UltraCal 30 – we used Plaster of Paris
Gold spray paint instead of a clear coat

image

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “First prosthetic – horn for Acorna

  1. Hi better idea to put in the mould is Platsil gel 10 it is a two part silicone with a medium shore hardness which means it is pliable and very light, just a thought

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s