At least it seems that way. I finally got around to using the reproduction waistcoat fabric and re-created Kayle’s waistcoat for her 8th Doctor. And it made such a huge difference!
Here’s the breakdown on her current Eighth Doctor Cosplay:
- human hair wig from a local ethnic wig shop
- Mens white shirt purchased from a local resale shop, collar was removed and a vintage collar was used instead. Collar was purchased local antique show.
- Cravat (no pattern used), silk dupioni (purchased from JoAnn Fabrics)
- Vest (New Look 6166, mens view B but modified for authenticity, including adding real welted pockets), reproduction fabric from movie, sourced from Bob Mitsch (DW LJ and FB Stitches in Time group), contrasting color purchased from JoAnn Fabrics.
- Jacket (Simplicity 2895, I think). Velvet purchased at the Dallas Fabric district.
- Pants were located at local resale shop
- Boots, DSW Shoes
- TARDIS MK VII key, from Moocrest Models
- Sonic Screwdriver, from Frobidden Planet UK
- Pocket watch, from Walmart (until I can locate a better one)