Underskirt coming along

This silk underskirt is coming along and I have to say – I’m glad I had the pieced portion from cutting it on the bias in the bustle area.

The waistband is now attached. All that’s left is trimming the bottom to the correct length and adding a row of pleats, also on the bias.

Completed UFO – Black & White Corset

I finally finished this corset! It’s been cut out since last winter!

The pattern is TV110 and it has 3 layers – the outer fashion fabric (yucky, shedding stuff!), black English coutil, and black cotton.

I also added some spiral steel going diagonally to give additional support.

Just add fichu

The corset & skirt are not complete, but I’m not going to add more pleats until after Costumers’ Lost Weekend. I still need to add the polonaise and fichu but I’ll do those tomorrow. The wings will probably not happen in time, but I will have them done in time for the masquerade ball at AnimeFest,

2nd row pinned (and not pinterest!)

Today I went with Tereasa and joined other VPLL 1912 Project participants for a day of sewing & crafting. Becky was gracious enough to open her home to people she’d only met on-line. Others that joined the party were Cassie and Lynn.

Becky was excited over the 1920s treadle Singer that Cassie brought down to her. Lynn brought some vintage feathers that would look great on any hat. Tereasa worked on a hat & some hat pins. And I did the hand sewing on the waistband of my bat skirt and pinned the 2nd row down. The heat wiped me out after we left Becky’s, so, I’ll tackle more on the bat skirt tomorrow.

One down, five to go

The first row of pleats are sewn down. The pattern recommended to cover the seam where it’s sewn on with the overage. The difference of fabric colors is because the taffeta is two colored – dark purple (almost black) and a lighter purple. This first row took just about 5 yards.