1819 Simplicity – Bolero

The bolero is complete. Since it’s a costume, I decided to not line it. The body is black microsuede that Hancock’s had on clearance (50% off). The pattern directs you to use 2 different fabric for the flounce, but we (K) wanted lace there instead. Since we were using a lace that had a scallop edge, I wasn’t able to use the pattern.

BTW, the sizing of this pattern is on the small size. Even though we used the correct size for K’s measurements, it’s a bit tight for K and will probably go to her older sis instead.

Advertisements

1819 Simplicity – Top

I’m making this for K as her newest Steampunk outfit.

This is the shirt. It’s white t-shirt fabric and a stretchy black lace. I didn’t like Simplicity’s instructions on the shirt lining and ended up adding bias tape to the arm holes and bottom instead.