New Steampunk costume page

I just posted a new page for our Steampunk costumes:


1819 Simplicity – Completed (kind of)

K wore this today even though it’s not quite complete.

I need to re-do the waistband (the pattern piece wasn’t long enough). The waistband starts at the zipper (middle of back) and goes around the body completely and then fastens on the side. It’s important that it’s the right size because the bustle is attached via the waistband). The only other change I made was to the bustle. The directions call to put casing in and the a string. I decided (in the interests of time) to use elastic sewn down every few inches instead. It would very well too.

The other item that isn’t complete is the bottom ruffle. It’s cut out, we just ran out of time. It’ll be black with the same trim on the bolero at the gather.